Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Poem for Alex, by Anonymous

G-d
Why do you hug me so hard it hurts?
I know you love me even though.
Can’t we just walk side by side, hold my hand
Be gentle I need it so.

I have followed you faithfully all my day
And always let you lead the way
So why so close I feel to choke.
כי באו מים עד נפש

And then the friends who felt my pain
They cried tears like mine, they were the same.
Had they once felt the same embrace- love so hard it hurt?
Or did they just sense my pain, love so hard it hurt.

Did you think you’d test my faith?
I said I’d love you anyway
You see … no one scared away
Your whole world joined to pray.

You see dear God we already know
Your secret way-you’ve given  it away
You love so hard it hurts.
“The more you love…….. the harder it hurts.”

But G-d please if I may…… loosen up I pray
כי באו מים עד נפש
I will love you anyway.

1 comment: